So now you’ve got Adobe Photoshop CS5, and you need to know which new features can bring the highest return to your photography and your studio’s workflow. Lucky you…just grab my book Real World Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers, which is now available.
I concentrate on the needs of professional digital photographers so that you don’t have to wade through explanations of 3D, HTML, or cheesy special effects just to get good, solid images out the door. This book is about Photoshop for pure photography: How to get the image from the camera into editing and then produce the best possible version for the diverse forms of output that your clients demand today, such as CMYK printing, RGB inkjet printing, online photo galleries and sharing websites such as Facebook and Flickr.
Going well beyond a mere description of what’s in the menus and tools, Real World Photoshop still includes the time-tested, fundamental guidance about color correction, color management, and efficient workflow that has made edition after edition a perennial best-seller. You’ll also find valuable tips on almost every page in the book and advice on how to put together a killer Photoshop computer.
Here are some of the new features I cover in this CS5 edition:
- Mask difficult edges, such as hair, more quickly using improved Refine Edge
- Extend and optimize image dynamic range with Merge to HDR Pro and HDR Toning
- Retouch faster with Content Aware Fill and Content Aware Heal
- Correct lens distortions with new Lens Profiles
- Select and specify colors faster with the new HUD Color Picker
- Convert images and upload directly to Facebook, Flickr, and other destinations in one step, using the new Output panel in Adobe Bridge
- Make the most of the rewritten raw processing engine, dramatically improved noise reduction, and new lens corrections in Adobe Camera Raw 6
How to get yours
Get Real World Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers at your favorite bookseller, at Amazon.com, or at Peachpit.com. Want it as an e-book? Check out Safari Books Online. If you’re a Creative Edge subscriber, you can even start reading Rough Cuts drafts of this and other Peachpit Press books online before they come off the press.